Providing and Promoting Quality, Affordable Housing Caring Supportive Services for Older Adults in Colorado
SHO Contact Info box
1510 17th Street
Denver, CO, 80202
Fax- (303) 595-9225
Affordable Apartment Living
Apartments for Seniors Adults with Disabilities
Our low-income apartments are subsidized by the Federal government and are designed for seniors and adults with disabilities who enjoy living independently but need the financial assistance provided through the subsidy. In our apartments, we keep rents affordable.
- Apartments are in great locations, both urban and rural settings
- Close to neighborhood shops, dining more
- Private kitchens and shared laundry facilities
- Easy access to public transportation
- A community of seniors and adults with disabilities living together
- Pet, companion, and support and service animal-friendly
- Multifamily Project Based Section 8 Available (This means that our apartments are available for seniors and disabled individuals ((and their families if applicable)) with incomes at or below 50% of the area median income)
- A section 8 voucher is not required because assistance is assigned to the unit
Residents pay approximately 30% of their adjusted monthly income towards rent. In order to initially qualify, applicants have incomes at or below 50% of the area median income. In accordance with HUD regulations, preference is provided to those applicants with incomes at or below 30% of the area median income.
Monthly income is adjusted to account for medical or other eligible expenses.
Rents are adjusted on an ongoing basis to reflect changes in resident’s income.
Seniors age 62 and older or an adult with a disability Varies with each property
Upon request, reasonable accommodations are available under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Equal Housing Opportunity
All documents are available in other formats by request.